Saturday, December 28, 2013

How To Save Money on Groceries





There are several things you can do to save money on groceries. I am by no means an expert, but I will share what I do to save money in this area.

First, I look at what we already have on hand to make meals with.

Next, I check the store circular looking for the sale items. 

* I make my menu for the week based on these two things: what we have on hand and what's on sale at the store.

Then, I go to my coupons. Pairing coupons with items on sale is how you will save the most money on groceries. You can get coupons from the Sunday newspaper, printable coupons online, AllYou magazine, etc.

* Also sign up for emails for at least two couponing sites. I use The Krazy Coupon Lady and True Couponing. These sites tell you what the sales are and help you match coupons. Best of all, they are FREE!

If your store offers a rewards card, be sure to sign up for it!! At Winn Dixie, we earn Fuel Perks to save on gas and you save more money at checkout.

I also use Saving Star to help lower the grocery expense. This site has e-coupons that you can load onto your reward card. When your RC is scanned at checkout, your coupon savings from the site are saved to your SavingStar account where you can redeem it for cash direct deposited into your bank account, paypal, or as an Amazon gift card!! You can even print out the list of coupons you chose to add to your RC with expiration date and coupon details to make sure your coupons are subtracted from your total at checkout.

The important thing is to start small and don't get overwhelmed. 

Also, don't buy something just because you have a coupon for it.

Sometimes the generic brand is cheaper than the name brand even with the sale or coupon. I go with the generic brand in that case. There are certain things I will not buy generic, but for most things it's perfectly fine. 

That's it! I hope this is helpful to you. Feel free to send in your questions in the comments and I will try my best to answer you as quickly as possible.  


Post a Comment