Thursday, December 26, 2013

Frugal Doings and Simplifying





~ Transferred $25 into savings.

~ Made out a meal plan for the week and wrote out my grocery list.

~ Meals this week:
   * Pizza Rolls with Ranch for dipping
   * Meatballs, mashed potatoes, corn
   * Bacon, eggs, biscuits
   * Cheesy potato soup
   * BBQ smokies and crackers w/dip
   * Christmas dinner
       - Ham
       - Mashed Potatoes w/gravy
       - Cornbread dressing
       - Deviled eggs
       - Cranberry sauce
       - Buttered rolls
       - Chocolate trifle for dessert

~ Bought groceries, including Christmas dinner fixings. Total was $234.55 minus coupons and reward card savings for total out-of-pocket expense of $148.59. Earned twenty-six cents in fuel perks and a $10 off $100 coupon for my next visit.

~ Got a great deal on Starbucks K-cups. Regular price is $9.99, but sale price was $5.99. If you bought five boxes, you got an additional $5/off 5 bringing it down to $4.99/box! Needless  to say, I bought the five boxes! 

~ Snagged two $5 Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. I now have $25 in gift cards.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

That is a great price for the K-cups.

Today starts some austerity measures in my house, I want to pay off my credit line :)

~Carla~ said...

Great savings!! :) Especially at this expensive time of year!

Cash Only Living said...

Wow good job! And I definitely should do a weekly meal plan like you do, I think it would save money and stress.