Thursday, December 19, 2013

Frugal Doings and Simplifying





~ With the exception of buying milk, cereal, and coffee... no groceries were bought this week. I used what I had on hand in my pantry and freezer.

~ Transferred $25 into savings.

~ Decluttered and reorganized the closet in the sun room.

~ Hung heavy blankets over the windows in that room.

~ Gave away two bags of men's clothing and an older tv that still worked to a coworker of my husband's.

~ Monday (work day) cooked a roast with gravy in the crockpot and served it on buns open-faced.

~ Tuesday it was just me and Alfred at home. We had grilled cheese sandwiches.

~ Cashed in Swagbucks points for two $5 gift cards.

~ Wednesday (work day) hot dogs topped with chili and cheese.

~ I ran vinegar through the washer to deodorize and clean it. Also, changed the porch light bulb out front.

What frugal things have you done? What ways have you simplified your life recently?

2 comments:

Terri Cheney said...

Thanks for the idea about chili dogs. I've been wondering what we could do for our family Christmas dinner and that sounds like something we'd likely all enjoy. Great inspiration!

Precious said...

You had a great week. I love that you are simplifying because I think living simply and frugality go hand in hand.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and a very blessed New Year.