Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Hard Times




It's hard to believe more than a month has passed since I've posted here on my blog. I still find it hard to balance working and home. But I've asked to work three longer 8.5 hour days so I can have four days off each week. 

With more days at home than at work, I'm hoping to get caught up with things here at home and in the yard. Also since the weather is getting cooler, do more baking and better home-cooked meals! 

Oh, how I wish I didn't have to work! But I don't see how it's possible. Work is slow for Alfred and he's having issues with his shoulder. I had to take him to the emergency room a little over a week ago because he couldn't move his right arm and was in much pain.

Yesterday we had to spend $500 for a plumber to come out and repair the main bathroom plumbing. A pipe had burst. Sigh....when it rains, it pours! And with the holidays approaching, it looks to be a lean season.

Sometimes, it seems the harder you try to do right and get out of debt, the more things go wrong putting you further in the hole. It's very discouraging at times.

All I can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and do the best I can...

5 comments:

a8383 said...

Tracy, I am so sorry ya'll are having a hard time. Things are tough all over. Just don't know where it's all going. Glad to know you a persevering. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Angela

Rhonda said...

I am so sorry- I've lived through something similar for far too long and it was not amusing at all.
It may take awhile but you will get through it all.

again, I really am sorry. I know how hard it is to be in the workforce when your heart is at home and how hard it is for blue collar men to have physical problems.

Theresa said...

I can totally appreciate what you are feeling. It feels like it is impossible to get ahead. One step forward, 3 back. These times help us lean more on God though, which is never a bad thing.

Fiona said...

Best wishes to you Tracy and keep on going. Your family are lucky to have you being the light of their home.

Terri Cheney said...

I think it's tight days for many of us lately. I've told John plainly that if something comes up I may well go back to work outside the home. He's not keen on the idea especially now that he's working nights again, but I really don't know how we're going to manage this next year. As you said, it's one foot in front of the other. One step, one day at a time. Hugs to you!