Monday, November 25, 2013

About Style....Or the Lack Thereof





With the onset of colder weather, I realize I have very little in the way of winter clothes or shoes either for that matter (when not at work, I go around in flip flops!). This area of my life bothers me the most. I want to look cute and stylish yet still be warm.




I tend towards casual attire because that is my life and what I'm most comfortable in. At work, I'm required to wear a red or navy polo and khaki pants. I'm so not a fashionista by any means...




I know I will not wear heels, nor flats. I'm thinking flat boots may be what I need for winter wear. I gravitate towards the colors grey and muted pinks, plums, and blues as I have a fair complexion. I prefer silver jewelry. And I love jeans!



 So I sense my closet will be decluttered even further to make room for new clothes to come into my life as finances allow. I will only buy that which I love and make me look and feel great when I wear it. 




I have two pair or workable jeans, so my focus needs to be on tops, boots and accessories. 

Where do you shop for stylish winter clothing?


5 comments:

Fiona said...

Tracy, you will probably find after decluttering your wardrobe that everything else feels brand new and it will seem like you've been shopping already! I love the outfit combinations you've chosen as inspiration, and the colours you wear sound lovely for your colouring.

Kathy in Illinois said...

I shop at Kohls, Tracy. Although I'm older than you they have good clothing at good prices and they have a nice Junior department you might like. There's always a sale there too! Good luck. I want to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving full of delicious food, loving family and many blessings to be thankful for.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Gipsyonline said...

these winter combos are really soo impressive....loved that sweaters and coats for women in the collection !!

Debbie said...

You really should check out the thrift and consignment stores in your area. You can find great quality clothing, some brand new with tags, for pennies on the dollar there. I find Michael Kors, Chaps, Lauren, Calvin Klein, BCBG, Style and Co, Loft, Coldwater Creek, etc. all the time and I do not live in a major metropolitan area.

Laurie said...

I'm a big thrift store shopper too. When I go to the mall, which is rarely, I like a store called The Loft . Of course they don't have one in my area, so I only get to shop there when we go out of town.
I have a pair of flat boots I bought at Penny's (on sale) awhile ago, I practically live in them!