Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Thirty-ninth Year




I turned thirty-nine this earlier this month. I know to many that is considered young, but I see my youth slipping away. 

I've never been very good about taking care of myself (I'm always taking care of every one else), but decided this will be the "year of Tracy". 

That means I plan to take better care of myself and not look at it as a drudgery but instead a time of pampering.

I plan to incorporate daily exercise in order to get into better shape and lose a little weight.

Eating smaller portions & drinking more water.

Skin care & moisturizing.

Mani/pedis at home.

Brows maintained.

Continue to grow hair out & keep it trimmed and shaped as needed.

Experiment with hair and makeup applications.

Go through my clothes and get rid of anything that doesn't make me look fabulous. Slowly add new pieces that are in my "super" colors, that I love, and make me look great.

Make sure to get plenty of beauty sleep!

What do you do to pamper yourself?

7 comments:

Melanie said...

It is very important to take care of yourself, Tracy! I know as a wife and mom it is all too easy to take care of others first, but just like they tell parents on an airplane about the breathing masks...that you have to put yours on first before you help your child, the same is true with our self-care.

a8383 said...

Good for you! I just recently started the same thing- wish I didn't wait until I was 53! Angela

Kathy in Illinois said...

I don't think you look 39, Tracy. You look younger! You don't start to lose your youth until you reach 50. Then watch out! You have great ideas to incorporate in your daily life. I'm 62 now and I try and eat right and exercise. You are a very pretty 39 year old.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh girl... beauty rest sounds lovely.
I would do that more if I could.
In fact... I'm thinking about having a nap right now!
All in the name of beauty. :)
Pat

Sandy said...

Happy belated birthday! Good for you! Self-care is of the utmost importance. After all, you can't be there for anyone unless you pamper yourself first. When you feel good, it affects everyone! You look fab!

janice15 said...

Sounds good to me.. I'm with you.. just started yesterday to eat less.. drink more water and trying to motivate to walk again.. haven't in three years because of panic disorder but I actually walked six blocks on Sunday to Church.. I had to walk at a slower pace.. but soon hope to gain my blocks and faster pace.. I used to walk long distance every other day before and it helped alot with the weight staying off.. plus it was piece of mind for me.. with love Janice..

Fiona said...

Good for you Tracy, and happy birthday. You certainly are a very youthful and pretty 39. Your pampering list sounds so good - it relaxes me just reading it. Beauty sleep is the one thing I want to focus more - taking the time to wind down before bed and be tucked in with a book nice and early. I've been switching the computer off about 6pm and it really helps with calming myself before bed and not wasting time.