Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Swirling Thoughts On Loss and What Matters Most





We have dealt with a lot of loss over the past few months and it's hard. Final goodbyes never get easier. Though the pain and suffering ends for the one that has passed, it has only begun for those left behind. 

Despite our grief, life goes on and so must we. Time may heal our wounds but invisible scars are left behind.

In the midst of sorrow, I've given much thought to what matters most in this life of mine and the changes I want to make.

What matters is most is the relationships I build with my family and friends. I want them to know that we love and care for them, without a doubt. I don't want to look back with any regrets. 

Money and acquiring more things are not important to me. Thus, the reason I have been ruthlessly simplifying my life and am actively striving to become debt-free. 

The simpler my life, the more time and money I have for the things that matter most...the simple joys of life and spending time with those I love and care for.


9 comments:

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I'm so sorry you are dealing with the loss of loved ones. I know how deep grief can run.
Thinking of you
Hugs))
Laurie

Cash Only Living said...

Excellent point! Some people wonder why I dont work (because EVERYONE always wants more money right?) but I would much rather have fewer things and more time with the hubby and friends than work 40 hours a week to earn more money to buy more junk.

Theresa said...

Amen!

Kathy in Illinois said...

Sorry about your loss, Tracy. God bless you and your family during these trying times.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Sandy said...

Tracy, You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I too, know how painful loss can be having recently lost my dear brother-in-law. I've also experienced grieving the loss of my former life working full-time and the loss of the vitality I once had before my heart condition. I enjoyed work and am finding new ways to fill my time. Work for me wasn't just about money, it was about doing what I loved and being of service. I enjoyed working and putting money away for retirement too. I'm grateful and always have an attitude of abundance and not lack. I highly recommend a book about abundance by Francis Scovel-Shinn. It's all in our perspective.

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
I hope all is well with you and your family.
I remembered that you have a birthday in September, so I was just popping in to wish you an early or belated Birthday.
Hugs))
Laurie

Sandy said...

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Miss hearing from you. Hope you are doing well and spending time with family. Thinking of you today and sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Nita in South Carolina said...

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I miss your posts. Hope you're back soon.

Debra said...

Hi Tracy! I've been neglecting blog reading lately and I'm here to say I'm so sorry you've experienced much loss in a short period of time--it's always harder that way! But it sounds like God is comforting you as only He can. I wish you and your family all the best and much brighter days ahead! Blessings, Debra