Tuesday, July 02, 2013

A Little Bit of This and That




I am on a mission to get rid of every bit of clutter and simplify every area of my life! What prompted this, you ask? I couldn't find an important document and thus must spend $40 to get a new one. Plus I'm just tired of "stuff" in general!

I'm selling all my books (all but my absolute faves!) & CDs on Amazon. I've got a few bigger items I'm listing on Craigslist and the rest is getting donated. 

We (well not I, but the rest of the family) have seen mice in the kitchen scurrying across the floor and in the pantry. This simply will not do! Traps have been set and I hope to eliminate the pesky critters very soon!

Saturday was our anniversary....21 years! We went out to dinner Sunday night using a gift card that was purchased at half price.

Today after work I have dinner to cook, laundry to do, and a yard that desperately needs mowing. Oh, the joys of trying to balance outside employment and homekeeping!

6 comments:

Precious said...

Good job on the decluttering. We had mice once in our house in Eastern NY, years ago. Then we got a cat; that took care of that.

Happy Belated Anniversary!

I can appreciate the juggling. Seems like you are doing a wonderful job.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Tracy~
I right there with you.
I'm wanting to get rid of and clean out so much.
Need to sell the books for sure!
I'm sure it's hard to balance working out of the home and working in the home.
I don't know how'd I get it all done.

...hate the mice, I say kill them all! Pat

Theresa said...

Happy anniversary!


A great way to get mice is to use peanut butter. We had mice in our garage and once in our kitchen. After a few nights of the mouse getting the cheese off the trap without losing his head, someone told my husband to use peanut butter. Take a small piece of nylon from an old pair and kind of wrap it around some peanut butter. Not sure why this seems to work, but it did, every single time.
(perhaps it gets stuck to the roof of their mouths and they stay a little too long :)

I really enjoy reading your blog.

Rosebud said...

Hope all is going well with your job!
I'm right with you with the decluttering. I've been on a major spree ~ but I'm careful not to get rid of some things I might regret giving away in the future. I know that from experience!
I've also am trying to "unplug" in other areas ~ gotten rid of facebook, my etsy account and now I don't blog. I have put my blog on private for now, I might come back to it someday:)

Happy Anniversary!
Hugs))
Laurie

Tracy said...

Laurie, hope all is well and that you eventually return to blogging. Please do keep in touch!

Kathy in Illinois said...

I too am tired of "stuff," Tracy! I don't know what I save "stuff" for. Happy 21st anniversary!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois