Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Frugal Doings



All meals were cooked at home.

Clipped coupons.

Sold 3 books on Amazon.com to be mailed today. 

Spending only on necessities. No extras.

Downloaded a couple free books to my Amazon Cloud Reader for PC.

Took library books back before they were due.

Spent $108 on groceries. Saved $45.

Have earned $0.85 in fuel perks.

Still saving change though I haven't added it to the jar yet.

Enjoyed lunch out with Alfred's aunt....her treat!

What frugal things are you doing?

2 comments:

Chy said...

Meal planning for the rest of this month.

Grocery shopping at the big discount store instead of our small store closer to our house (difference of 4 minutes travel time).

Filling up with gas at the same big discount store that also has gas .04 cents cheaper than the regular gas stations.

Light watering of our plans & grass as we're getting a lot of rain right now ~ free water!!

Planting our own herb & veggie patch on the weekend. And dh is making the raised garden boxes out of the leftover cedar planks from the construction of our new deck last summer. I already have the seeds, a friend has given me some planting & we have one more bag of dirt left. I need to buy a bag of organic topsoil for $8. Cheap garden plot!

That's all for this week.

Precious said...

Tracy, what a great list. I so love getting books on my Kindle. Here is my list this week:

http://frugalmakescents.blogspot.com/2013/06/money-saving-challenge-this-past-week_20.html