Monday, May 13, 2013

Looking Back On My Mother's Day

I had a peaceful, quiet day. Alfred brought me my favorite Starbucks hot chocolate in bed and washed up the dishes from the night before. I didn't do a single chore.


Instead I laid out in the backyard to get some sun, wrote in my journal, and took a nap. Early evening we rode down to the beach to walk along the seashore. Oh, how calming and peaceful it is to be by the sea! It is my favorite place.


But the peacefulness soon gave way to sadness. Our sweet girl, Kitty, passed away yesterday. She had went to our neighbor's porch across the street and laid down under her glider and went to sleep, never to wake up again. We all cried with broken hearts, even my strong husband. It is never easy to say goodbye...


7 comments:

Theresa said...

sorry for your loss.

Kathy in Illinois said...

There's nothing better on Mother's Day than a peaceful, quiet day with a loving husband and children, Tracy. You are right about the sea being so calming. It is one of my favorite places too. You are fortunate to be able to drive there so quickly. So sorry about your loss of Kitty. Our pets are like our children and we cry and mourn for them when they die. I'm glad to see you are posting again. I have missed you.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Rosebud said...

What a pretty Kitty she was ~ I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never easy.
Hugs))

Debra said...

Oh, I'm so very sorry about your sweet little cat! Praying that God will continue to comfort your family.... Hugs, Debra

Cheapchick said...

I am so sorry about your kitty but it sounds like it was a peaceful way to go. My thoughts are with you - animals in my family are part of the family and I am sure it is the same in yours. Very heartbreaking.

Precious said...

I am so sorry about your kitty. We have had so many cats die on us over the years and each time we were just heartbroken so I know how you feel. Hugs to you!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much that hurts. Sending lots of hugs to y'all.