Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Frugal Doings





Added $4.57 to the change jar.

Borrowed three books from the library.

I'm using Sun-In on my hair for summery highlights rather than going to the beauty salon.

I'm laying out in the back yard to work on my tan instead of paying for use of a tanning bed.

Got 40 cents off per gallon of gas using my fuel perks rewards.

I'm looking for part-time work to get us caught up and to pay off several medical bills along with our two credit cards. I put in two applications yesterday.

What frugal things have you done lately?


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Tracy, I have been staying out of stores and it is amazing that my spending money just stays in my purse when I do that :)

I thought about getting ChicFilA for lunch after I picked up my grand daughter at preschool, but she threw a fit and said she wanted to eat at Grandmas house. So, we just came home and ate here. She does not usually save me money though.

I really am sorry things are so hard for you right now. We have had extra money but we have had more times of stretched too tight times. I can tell you, money does not make me happier, it just means I don't have to think and plan about it as much. But that probably does not help much to say that when you going through such lean times.

Linda Young said...

I think you're pretty smart! I try to save in every little way I can too, it's really hard now, to pay the bills. Good thing there are so many frugal tips from bloggers! I've been making my own detergent, and home remedies, and I'm trying not to eat out often and only buy things that are on sale. I even started eating dandelions, because I found out how good they are for you and they are free! Turns out most of the thrifty ways are often the healthier ways!
Blessings! Linda

shirley said...

I admire your willpower and am sure it will all pay off. Think of the saving to your health and skin by not using sunbeds.
All the natural home made cleaners are healthier too.
Good luck.