Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Being Happy




You've heard the saying, "You're about as happy as you make up your mind to be", or something like that? I have come to the conclusion that it is true.

Finances have been tight. It seems we've had one setback after another and work has been slow for my husband. But we just keep putting one foot in front of the other and do the best we can with what we have, knowing eventually it will all work itself out.

I have come to know a new level of gratitude in my daily round. I do my work with a newly found sense of joy, knowing that I am blessing my family with a cozy home and creating a place of peace in trying times.

I am now making time for things I enjoy each day as well. I've taken up reading cozy mysteries, spend time outdoors daily, and sometimes even take a nap. These things make for a happier mama!

What things make you happy?

2 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

Keep up the positive attitude, Tracy!! There are always setbacks, but they WILL work themselves out. You are a sweet lady doing a wonderful job being a blessing to your family. Your home is precious. I'm glad you are talking time for yourself with your daily pleasures!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

You have blessed not only your family, but me as well with these ideas. I've been a bit too frantic and stressed over finances so found your blog to be a real source of calm (and great ideas). Thank you for sharing and inspiring!
hugs,
Leslie