Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The House With the Yellow Door - Before & After




I have been longing for more color and what better way to do that than to paint the front door?

I decided on Sunflower Yellow, for I never see yellow doors here. It's always white, blue, red, black and occasionally green. Plus I thought the yellow would go nicely with the porch's warm brown color.





A nice pop of color, don't you think? Eventually we will be replacing the shutters (they are dry-rotted) and will paint them brown to match the porch. I think it will bring more interest to the exterior....the white just fades into the background.

Thank you for visiting!

7 comments:

Rosebud said...

Love the yellow door Tracy ~ it really "pops" ~
Hoping for nicer weather this weekend. I've got so much to do in our front garden.
Hugs))

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

The yellow door looks great.

FlowerLady

Kathy in Illinois said...

Very pretty, Tracy! I love yellow. It makes you smile!! We have a yellow house trimmed in white with dark brown shingles. We have a cement porch that we painted but it looks bad now. I see you have a cement porch too. What is that dark part on top of it-paint or something else? It looks nice. I would like to do something like that.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Tracy said...

Kathy, it's a pitifully too small door mat! I need a bigger and better one. :)

Cheapchick said...

It definitely pops! Very nice

Laura said...

That's my daughter's favorite color, and it looks great on your door! :)

-Laura at TenThingsFarm

Debra said...

Oh! Just now saw your door today. What a bright, cheerful difference! Great job... Debra