Thursday, April 18, 2013

Frugal Doings





Added $5.15 to the change jar.

With the exception of milk and bread purchased, we ate from the pantry this week.

Enjoyed several hours at the beach Saturday soaking up the sun. The water is still too cold to enjoy. Soon though...

Had friends over Saturday night. Hubby grilled chicken and I made homemade Rice-a-roni.

Received four free magazines in the mail: Fitness, Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping, and Seventeen for my girls.

Received a free canvas red toile bag in the mail.

My son was ill with a head-cold and used Emergen-C and Airborne samples I had received in the mail.

Baked pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Made potato salad using up the red potatoes before they went bad. One of my favorite side dishes!

Hubby made homemade chocolate shakes.

My sister brought me a gallon of milk and a jar of crunchy peanut butter that she wouldn't be able to use before it went bad.

What frugal things have you done this week?

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. Glad I found it.

JoAnne McCune said...

The pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sound good. Can you post the recipe. Enjoy your blog. Thank you.

JoAnne McCune said...

The muffins sound good. Can you post the recipe? I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you.

Tracy said...

JoAnne - here is the recipe:)

http://seasideenchantment.blogspot.com/2010/04/bulk-baking.html

Thank you both for reading and commenting! :D

Precious said...

Thanks for sharing the link for the recipe. I was going to ask for it. Glad you had such a wonderful week.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The hours at the beach sound so nice! That's a simple pleasure that I miss.

I made some homemade mounds candy which are so delicious that I'm going to make some peanut butter cups. I cut my husband's hair and we made all our own bread and some 1/2 whole wheat tortillas.

Cottage Sweet Cottage said...

Ohhhh~~~~~ Now I want to make potato salad!

It sounds like you are really doing great on saving every dime! Yay for saving money!!!

Walmart has a special right now (it's the cheapest gas in our area) and if we pay there with a prepaid card (we do into the store and put our gas money on a card) we save 10 cents a gallon. Normally it's only 3 cents but we still do it then too. Every little bit helps.