Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Frugal Doings



Used 75 cents in fuel perks rewards to bring gas prices down from $3.63/gallon to $2.88/gallon and filled my car for $37.01.

Saved $3.98 in change.

Opened a saving account with a $1,000 deposit for emergency use only.

Downloaded 13 Grace Livingston Hill books for free to my Amazon Cloud Reader.

Was invited to friends' for dinner two nights this week.

Stocked up on shampoo and conditioner. Vo5 was on sale this week for 89 cents each. I purchased ten bottles to go into our bathroom stockpile.

What frugal things did you do this week?

7 comments:

Cottage Sweet Cottage said...

Great job on your savings! I did a few things this week which include~

Made Homemade Pizza this week and been making homemade bread too.

Had to get gas and WalMart is the cheapest in our area so I went in Walmart first and "bought" a gift card which is actually free. If we use a gift card to buy gas we save 3 cents a gallon. That isn't much but it will add up over time. Saved 30 cents from doing that and will continue to do that in the future too!

Echoes From the Hill said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Grace Livingston Hill books. I just downloaded 14 of them free. Love getting free books on my kindle, which was a gift, so it is very frugal.
I just printed two coupons for $1.00 off pork, so I am going to buy some that is on sale, this week.
nancyr

Rhonda said...

Hi Tracy
I stocked up on nuts and toothpaste today with a CVS deal.
Love those free Kindle books!

Rosebud said...

Awesome Tracy on the savings account! We started our garden and the chickens are laying again (after molting).

Sandcastle Momma said...

You inspire me! I collected 5 things of deodarant for $.75 each. The Zombies may come but I have no desire to smell bad lol

purple-roses-country-cottage said...

Hi Dear,
I am just popping in to say Hello.
You have a lovely Blog. Have a nice weekend. Nicolexxx

janice15 said...

wow great job...I didn't do to much...wish I did...Happy Sunday with love Janice