Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Frugal Doings



Added $2.52  in change to the change jar.

Hellman's mayo was B1G1F so I purchased two. Now have three jars in my pantry.

I'm using $10 weekly out of my $125/week grocery budget to stock up. This week I stocked up on canned veggies. Came in under budget this week at $97 because I shopped with a list.

Eggs were on sale this week for $1.25/dozen. I purchased two dozen. Would've purchased more but I had a small buggy and ran out of room!

Red Baron pizzas were on sale B1G1F, plus there was a $1 coupon in the grocery store circular that I used as well.

I am up to 50 cents off/gallon of gas with fuel perks.

Made taco salad one night for dinner, but did not have taco seasoning to flavor the hamburger. I flavored it with a jar of taco sauce instead.

Hubby and I went out to dinner using a $30 gift certificate. Our out of pocket cost was $8.56, including a $3 tip.

Saved 10% off purchases of new bras at the Outlet mall.

Received a sample of VitaMelts Zinc immune support with a $1 coupon.

What frugal things have you done this week?

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

nice to hear from you Tracy,
I got a few grocery deals today after I took my grandson home and before picked up my granddaughter.
1 pound boxes for strawberries were $1.50
yogurt was 39 cents and I had a 40 cent coupon on 6 that was doubled. Too bad there was a limit of 6 or I would of bought more.

hope you have a pleasant and thrifty week!

Mrs R said...

Tracy, great work! I haven't done my shopping this week yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Have a lovely evening.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Well after the shock of what gas cost me. 80 dollars to fill my mini van her in CA. I have been really only doing my errands when I already have to be out to get the kids to and fro.

Robyn said...

Ive been looking for a few new items for my kitchen an dining room so instead of buying new I stopped at a local Salvation Army store and found the perfect items and at a fraction of what it could have cost me new! Today I also went to a new store and was able to find some really good deals on a few other items Id been looking at new.. I've become so much more frugal in the last 6 months.. Now nothing get replaced unless it absolutely can't be fixed or it would cost more to fix than replace. I've also begun to meal plan and live out of what we already have in the pantries and freezers..
~Robyn~

Precious said...

I love the substitution in the taco salad!