Saturday, January 12, 2013

First Cookout of the Year



Yes, really! It's near 80 degrees here in south Alabama and is absolutely beautiful. We have invited friends over and everyone is bringing sides and drinks.

I spent yesterday and today getting our home company ready. Alfred mowed the grass and cleaned up the yard this morning, too. Now all that is needed is to make a pitcher of sweet tea and my Cheesy Ranch Dip and we are good to go until our guests arrive.

Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend, too!

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have FUN.

Frieda's Farmhouse said...

I hear ya! I am in southern Georgia & it's felt like Spring today! The warmth & the breeze is a pure delight! Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

We are cold here. Snuggled indoors. But I think it may be moving your way this week. Enjoy it while you can though. Winter sun that is warm always feels so good.

Sandy said...

Sounds like fun! Our neighbor cooked on his outdoor grill yesterday and there were people out riding their bikes. It was almost 50 degrees here in Michigan and that is amazing.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I'm in Atlanta and it's been crazy warm this weekend! We could be having cookouts!

Marydon said...

G'day Tracy ~ TY for popping by. My Love Is... I have about 1,900 of them. I so, too, remember them in the newspapers when I was young. I post them every Monday. They are so fun, & so perfect reflecting life's moments.

That bbq looks deelish! We are frigid here ... very dull dark damp dreary day in MD>

TY for coming by ... stay in touch.
TTFN ~
Marydon

janice15 said...

It's been 37 and 35 degrees here in San Fransisco, I can't wait for spring to come...looks like you had a great day. with love Janice