Thursday, November 29, 2012

This and That



For the past several days I've been nursing my girls back to health. One had strep, the other a virus. Now they are on the upswing of recovery and guess who woke with a scratchy throat? Me! Ugh...

Christmas is fast approaching and we've yet to decorate. If not for the kids, I probably wouldn't even bother to decorate. I'm just not feeling it this year. Needless to say, the Christmas decor will be simple and scaled back.

Went to the library yesterday and picked out a selection of cozy mysteries to read. I'm currently reading The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini and am enjoying the storyline very much. It has been quite some time since I've made time to read a good book.

Today there is grocery shopping that needs to be done, but first a nap! I am not feeling the best so I am not going to overdo it.l I don't want to be down any longer than I have to be!

May all be well with you & yours, 

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh, I own that book (a rummage sale find) and I just love it! Feel better soon and I, too, will be decorating only a tiny bit this year. Again. :) Blessings, Debra

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

You poor thing. Rest up. We have had the plague here too but we are all finally well for now at least.

Sandy said...

Hope you were able to enjooy a nice nap! Rest, relax and nip that cold in the bud!