Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Frugal Doings

As of November 15th, all of our November bills are paid and half of December's too!

~ Cancelled both Blockbuster and Netflix. Savings: $25/month

~ Cancelled my home phone service. No one ever calls it except telemarketers. Savings: $30/month

~ Bought 2 turkeys at 59 cent a pound along with 2 hams. Plan to buy more of both while the holidays sales are going on.

~ Alfred wanted a bag of Pike's Peak medium ground coffee from Starbucks for $11.95 a bag. I found it at Winn Dixie for $9.99!

~ Have already purchased some Christmas gifts. Still have a little more shopping to do.

~ Filled my car up with gas at $3.01/gallon. That's the cheapest it's been in quite some time.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Rising prices have really got me concerned. But I finally started buying Christmas gifts last night with an Amazon coupon.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Terri said...

Yes, I am thinking too of stopping my Netflix. Lately I seldom watch one movie much less two of them and I can always rejoin later if I find that I 'need' to do so.

Turkeys are also on my list of things to stock up on while they are inexpensive. I mean to put two or three or more in the freezer since they are good for a year.

Karla Neese said...

Sounds like you've had a nice frugal month so far. We too are snipping unnecessary expenses from our budget as well.

We cancelled our YMCA membership and plan to do our workouts at home using what we already have.

We cancelled our bottled water service and all equipment will be picked up tomorrow.

We are only buying each other 1 gift for Christmas this year.

Our meals have become more and more frugal and I've gotten better (with inspiration from frugal bloggers and a little imagination)at using and making over leftovers