Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Days


The homemaking spirit has come back to me. With a renewed vigor, I have spent the past couple days cleaning, puttering, decorating for Halloween, and stocking the larder.

We are hosting our first Halloween party this year - which we are excited about! We already have our costumes purchased, along with party foods, and items needed for games. Looking forward to a spooktacular night with family and friends!

With nearly four days left until my husband's homecoming, I am excited and so thankful that our days apart are nearly over. Being separated for a year is tough. I am sure there will be adjustments to be made as we ease back into living together. But we will face it as we always have...together.


5 comments:

Emily Fay said...

Sounds like an exciting time! :) Have a blessed week ~

FlowerLady said...

Hurray ~ Your husband is coming home. I will be able to take down the yellow ribbon from my flowering Queen Crepe Tree. So glad that this year is over for you.

Have a great Halloween party.

FlowerLady

Joyful said...

I love that graphic. So cosy and colourful.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That wonderful that your husband will be home!

Kathie Truitt said...

I just want to say thank YOU for 'lending' us your husband. For keeping the home fires burning while knowing your heart yearns for his embrace. So many of us are so very appreciative of the sacrifices YOU make while he protects from an unforeseen enemy. God Bless You!