Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Indian Summer






"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.  
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
-  Nathaniel Hawthorne



After a light rain moved out it was a gorgeous day! I spent time outside tending to a few much needed yard chores. 

I mowed the front yard, swept the patio and sidewalk and began weeding the front flower bed that I never got around to mulching. 

Oh dear, what a mess it was! I managed to get half of it done and am hoping to finish it up tomorrow.

A cold front is moving into the area tomorrow bringing winds out of the north and cooler temperatures. I plan to spend much more time out in the yard enjoying the fresh air and Indian Summer days before being shut in through the Winter.

How do you spend your Autumn days?

2 comments:

Emily Fay said...

It sounds like you are enjoying the change to Autumn. We are in a horrible fire inversion here in Utah. We have fires from Idaho sweeping down and sticking in our air. I am praying for rain to come!

I love Autumn and the cooler temperatures - the crisp air, the baking and cooking - the sewing, crunching leaves, etc. :) Have a blessed day!

Amber said...

I love the picture you used!

You are a follower of my other blog, Honeysuckle Cottage, and I just wanted to let you know that I have a different blog now. It is here:

http://patchworkangel.blogspot.com

I hope you will visit me there!