Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fair Days

(photo taken by Marian Gosset Sparkman from the ferris wheel)

The county fair is always a much anticipated event and this year was no different. I took the girls and one of their friends this year and we met up with two of my sisters and brother-in-law.

I usually do not ride, especially if Alfred is not with me, but I was daring this year. Despite my fear of heights, I rode the big ferris wheel and a few other high rides, though nothing that spins like crazy! 

We even caught a little circus show with a high wire act, a lady that spins by her hair, and other daring acts. Overall we had a grand time!

The fair always brings back fond memories for me.

Twenty years ago, before Alfred and I became a couple, I went to the fair with a friend. As we walking around trying to decide what we would ride first, I heard my name. I turned looking to see who it was but thought it must have been for someone else and continued on. 

I heard my name again. This time when I turned around to look, I saw Alfred! My heart skipped a beat because he was simply gorgeous! He came up to talk to me and we ended up spending the day talking and getting on rides together.

Yes, I ditched my friend (sorry Louann!), but honestly all I saw was him. It was like we were the only two people at the fair. At the end of the day he gave me a hug and I was on cloud nine!

Four months later we became a couple and have been together ever since...

Sometimes dreams really DO come true! :)

4 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Yes, dreams do come true and I'm happy yours has.

FlowerLady

Rhonda said...

Awwww that is a sweet sweet story.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I am glad you braved it. I am a chicken these days about rides. I used to ride them all when I was a kid.

Debra said...

Such a nice story! I could picture it all. Thanks for sharing it with us! Blessings, Debra