Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saying Goodbye is Hard




Yesterday I had to take Alfred to the airport so he could finish the last leg of his deployment. I was able to hold it together until I watched him board the plane after he waved to me & blew me a kiss.


He left at 9:00am headed for Atlanta which only takes about 45 minutes. Then he had a layover until 8pm....we could have spent that time together! That turned his 16 hour flight into 26 hours. I hope he was able to sleep on the plane.


He told me he ran into actress Cameron Diaz while he was in Atlanta. He said hello to her & asked how she was. She thanked him for his service and told him to be safe. It's always nice to hear of celebrities who are nice.



Here is our son, Kendall, with his dad. They are a couple of good-looking fellas aren't they?

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I know how sad you are feeling and it is hard to keep it together, you are doing great.

Yes, very handsome father -son photo. Kendall looks so tall!

FlowerLady said...

Good morning Tracy ~ Goodbyes are so hard. I'm glad you had a wonderful time together while Alfred was on leave and I hope these next months go fast for all of you. Great pictures of you and he, and he and your son.

That's neat that he saw and spoke to Cameron Diaz. I'm glad she thanked him for his service to our country.

I still have the yellow ribbon tied to the Queen crepe myrtle tree, and will cut it off when Alfred comes home next.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Rita said...

We believe also that we can live a beautiful life on a budget. I am sorry you had to say goodbye to Albert for now. Thankfully, this is the last leg of his deployment and when he is home again he will be home to stay. And because you have lived life on a budget life will be easier for you all. Hugs for the sadness you feel and a thumbs up for living on a budget because it helps relieve so much stress.

Tracy said...

Rhonda, Kendall is very tall and seems to keep growing. At 19 I would've thought the growing would have stopped by now?

Flowerlady - You are so sweet! He should be home around Nov. 1st. I love crepe myrtles!

Rita - thank you for your kind words. I will have three, possibly four, debts paid off by the time he returns in 109 days (not that I'm counting:)

Sandcastle Momma said...

It will go by faster than you think and once he's home he's home for good.
You can do it and if you need emotional support let me know - I'll come over and we'll go do something crazy lol

Terri said...

Tracy, Kendall is growing still...and if he's like my boys he won't stop until about 25 or so! And that hungry hungry phase that boys are in...hasn't left Samuel yet, lol, and he's 28, 6'4". He's got more room to put stuff cause it all goes into those long legs of his!

I'm sorry that the two weeks flew by and I know they did. May God bless you with the next three months flying by as well.

Tracy said...

Oh wow, Terri! Really?? He will probably be happy to hear that. Thank goodness he buys his own clothes! :)

Becca said...

Being the wife of a retired Marine, I know all-too-well how hard those goodbyes can be, BUT, the homecomings are so wonderful ... he'll be back before you know it !!