Saturday, July 21, 2012

Frugal Living: Hardship or An Adventure?


Yesterday I wrote about our big goal. I could look at having to save money as a hardship. Many would. However that would not benefit my family.


Choosing to look at this as a challenge, I plan to make our life enjoyable and create beauty - even though I will be spending as little money as possible. Sounds like an adventure in creativity to me!


Living simply takes work, but it is so rewarding and satisfying.


By the works of my own two hands I can create something out of seemingly nothing at all. To be able to provide a beautiful home-life for my family is fulfilling to  my mind, body and spirit.


God created us to work so why do we try to avoid it? The Bible says *"there is profit in all labor" and "those who don't work, should not eat". I may not earn a paycheck outside the home, but I certainly earn my keep.


I am blessed to be able to happily stay home to "keep house". My reward is creating a home my husband is anxious to return to each day after work to unwind and recharge, spending time with my children, and watching our debt decrease as our savings increases.


It may not be a glamorous life, but it is perfectly suited for me.



* Proverbs 14:23
*2 Thessalonians 3:10

4 comments:

a8383 said...

Hi Tracy, I remember an article from The Tightwad Gazette where Amy D. compared frugality to a game. A game would not be any fun if it did not have limitations. I truly would not be wealthy if I could be- not to say a LITTLE more would spoil me : ) -be I don't think I would be as creative or appreciate the little things as much. Have a lovely Sat. Raining over here in Rome. Angela

Tammy @ The Northern Nest said...

A great post Tracy. You would probably enjoy the book I'm reading called Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth. A lot of good common sense advise. I found it at my library.

Have a great day!♥

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

It really is a mindset. You have to keep your focus on the goal but enjoy things that are simple like a backyard bbq or a day in the park.

Rosebud said...

Wonderful post Tracy. Having a good attitude (which you have) is so important.
Right now we are trying to live a more simple life and spend less. With an infant that isn't easy! MeMe wants to spoil him!
Hugs))