Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Saturday Ramble



I love quiet weekends at home, when the girls sleep in late and I have the morning to myself to think and dream. 


One of my favorite things to do is to journal. It is here where I share my deepest longings of the heart, hash out problems, and reflect on my life as I live it.


In the summer, meals are kept simple as to not heat up the house. I look forward to Autumn days where the meals are hearty and there is much baking to be done. Cookies, muffins, cakes and breads galore along with soups, casseroles, chili, and savory pot roasts warm our bodies and our spirits.


Though many are going through dreadful drought conditions in our country, here we have afternoon thunderstorms nearly every day. Dark clouds are rolling in now as I write to you. There is the occasional roll of thunder off in the distance. I love the rain when I don't have to be out driving in it.


I am missing my husband terribly at the moment. The internet connection is horrible where he is so I don't get to talk to him nearly as often, nor see his handsome face via video chat. Ninety-six days separate us for now. What a joyful day his homecoming will be, friends! 


Do not let the simple joys of life pass by unnoticed, friends. Spread cheer and encouragement wherever you go. This cold, cruel world needs it. And always count your blessings!

The thunder is moving closer so I shall end this rambly note.


Warmly,

2 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That is the most darling little cottage ever. Thunder how exciting.

FlowerLady said...

That is a sweet cottage Tracy.

I also look forward to autumn, as the summer heat and humidity are miserable. We are having rainy weather too and it has been very nice after having a 5 year drought.

Only 96 days to go, hang in there and pretty soon A. will be back home.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady