Friday, June 22, 2012

Sprucing Up with Dollar Store Decor


In the living room there is no overhead light fixture and we only had one floor lamp which made for a rather dark room. I picked up this lamp base ($7) and silver shade ($5) at the dollar store. It instantly brightened up the room!


Above the tv, the walls were bare and it was driving me crazy to look at it. I picked up this cute decorative canvas ($10) also at the dollar store. It needs a few more items to fill it in and add interest to that corner, but in the meantime it doesn't look quite so bare!


What areas have you spruced up lately?



Linking to:
Show and Tell Friday

7 comments:

Rosebud said...

Hi Tracy,
I really like the canvas! Did you paint the walls grey ~ it looks really nice.
We finally re~painted the kids bathroom a really pretty blue. Next up is our master bath.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
Laurie

Tracy said...

Laurie, yes they are a light gray. Sometimes they look blue depending on the light. Either way I'm okay with it. :)

I also painted the dining room/office (open floor plan). Still have to finish the hall, then on to the kitchen, master bedroom & bath, then kids' bath & probably repaint the two kid bedrooms.

Whew! Will I ever be done painting?? :)

Tammy @ The Northern Nest said...

We have to use lamps in the living room too. I picked up a nice pair at Walmart. Love your ruffled curtains...I have the type that darken the room for our big screen tv. I can't stand a glare even from the lamps so turn them off when we watch movies.

Thanks for your visit to my blog!

Debra said...

Oh! Great deal on the lamp and everything looks so sweet! Thanks for inspiring us! Blessings, Debra

a8383 said...

Looks so cozy! I have been working in the yard like crazy this week! Boy am I pooped! Have a nice weekend. Angela

Kathie Truitt said...

What I spruced up lately? Oh my, where do I start? Like you, I also love the Dollar Stores. But thrift and junk stores are my very favorite.

Mrs. B said...

I know what you mean about the overhead lighting....our current rental home has no overhead lights so we've had to purchase some lamps as well.

You did such a nice job and on such a small budget too! :o)