Friday, June 08, 2012

Brought to my senses



Just the other day I shared my unrealistic project list that I hoped to get done before my husband comes home.

My Mama brought me back to my senses and made me realize that Alfred is not expecting perfection. He just wants to be with me and the kids and enjoy his time at home.

Thank goodness!

Besides, I think Alfred would rather have me well rested and happy than worn out and crabby from pushing myself.

On that note, today I am focusing my attention on the Master Bedroom. I will clean it really well & declutter the blasted closet again. I am planning to go through all my clothes and see what new outfits I can put together and what needs to be discarded. 

The master bedroom will no longer be a dumping ground. It will be transformed into a restful haven.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I did this years ago, and I am so glad I did. It's amazing how deeply my husband will sigh when he walks into our room to change out of work clothes at the end of the day. We don't have a TV in our room nor computers. It's meant to be a retreat from it all. (Books don't count, lol, but I do try to limit myself to the one I'm most deeply interested in at the moment).

Sandy said...

Your mom gave you some great advice! I know what you mean about the bedroom becoming a dumping ground! My guest bedroom ends up looking like a disaster after just a few days. Alfred is going to care more about seeing you and the kids than he will about the house. I'm sure he will love all the changes you have made but he won't expect perfection. In fact, sometimes I think we put too many expectations on ourselves. You must be so excited counting down the days!