Friday, May 18, 2012

Update on projects

Finally, I am making headway on my DIY projects! The swing is painted and I'm just waiting on the new cushions to arrive before I show it to you.

I picked out a lovely Labrador brown paint for the porch. I plan to tackle that Saturday if the weather cooperates.

I've picked out a lovely paint color for the kitchen. That is a secret for now. I have a ton of cabinets so it's going to be a big project to undertake, but I can't wait for the big reveal. Let's just say I'm tickled pink at the prospect!


I picked up a couple of Mums to plant in the flower bed along with two succulents. I'm facinated with the idea of having a succulent garden after seeing Brenda's post and the lovely picture above from Pinterest.

I buy most of my plants from the clearance section at Lowe's. With a little TLC I can bring the flowers back to their glory and I've spent very little.

There is more I would like to share, but I'll save those for upcoming posts!

Until next time....

4 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Tracy ~ Your projects sounds fun and colorful. Looking forward to seeing what you do in your kitchen.

Have a great weekend and I hope you are able to get things done.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Emily Fay said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the swing and the front porch :) Have a lovely weekend of projects :)

Debra said...

Oh! All these pictures we can't see.... I can't wait until we can! :) Love the succulent garden, especially since my grandmother used to grow those in coffee cans and I've always thought of her when I see them. Your projects sound terrific and I hope we'll see photos soon. :) (Thanks so much for your sweet comments at my blog, Tracy!) Blessings, Debra

Sandy said...

Oh Boy! Can't wait to see what you come up with! I've been busy doing some creating around my place too. Love the color you picked out for your porch. I haven't tried growing succulents yet.