Friday, May 04, 2012

Out of Sorts



Yesterday I felt out of sorts for no good reason I could figure out. I went to Walmart just to get out of the house and walk around by myself for a bit. I ended up spending only $5 on snacks for the kids and came home none the better.

Today I skipped going to the gym. I needed to buy groceries & focus soley on my home. I talked to my husband online (54 days until he gets to come home on a 2 week break). I took a nap. I made an appointment for tomorrow to get my hair cut. And I cleaned house.

I cleaned my oven, cleaned the kitchen, washed dishes, did laundry, vacuumed carpets, scrubbed my bathroom, scrubbed the kitchen & bathroom floors on my hands & knees, cooked dinner, and did dishes again.

Not a terribly exciting day, but today I didn't need exciting. I just needed to be home and focus on what needed to be done. Did I get it all done? No, but I feel better having spent a little extra time bringing order and beauty within these four walls.

I am ready to face the gym again tomorrow.  

4 comments:

Terri said...

I so understand the need to be involved in homemaking as a cure for what ails. I can tell you for a fact that many and many a woe has been addressed in prayer and scrubbing in my household and the balance of my world righted by stirring about in the kitchen.

Terri said...

I so understand the need to be involved in homemaking as a cure for what ails. I can tell you for a fact that many and many a woe has been addressed in prayer and scrubbing in my household and the balance of my world righted by stirring about in the kitchen.

Mrs. A. said...

I enjoyed reading about your day, Tracy. It felt peaceful. :)

Sandy said...

When I'm feeling out of sorts, getting busy will lift my mood. It sounds like you got a lot done! It must be hard counting down the days until your husband comes for a visit.