Saturday, May 19, 2012

Front Porch: Before and After

Before: the porch lacked pizazz...

After: I love the way it turned out & the color looks even better than I expected! Paint color is Labrador by Valspar at Lowe's.


I'm not satisfied with the flower beds. I am considering either landscape timbers or bricks to border the beds & better hold the mulch in (also allowing me to add much mulch to keep weeds at bay). I want alot more color in those beds, too.

So it looks like I still have plenty of work to do in the front yard. Maybe I will add some colorful pots with flowers to fill in the spaces in the beds.

One thing about sprucing up the home and yard is that there is always a new project waiting for you!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Tracy. Love your new banner! Your porch color is perfect. I know you'll come up with something great for your front garden bed.

FlowerLady said...

That color is very nice Tracy.

You are right, there is always some new project either inside or out awaiting us.

Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
You sound like me ~ so many projects, so little time!
Your porch looks great! As much as I love pretty gardens ~ it is just so much work to keep it looking good. I'm hoping to plant a lot of perennials out front, I love my petunias and impatiens, I just don't like planting them every year.
Hugs))
Laurie

Emily Fay said...

The colour is great! It looks beautiful!

Susan in SC said...

Very pretty! Amazing how a coat of paint can change things!