Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Stepping Back in Time


Yesterday I went to the grocery store to have a prescription filled and they were playing 50s music. Oh, how nice it was!


I have always been fond of the 50s era. I discovered Marilyn Monroe when I was a pre-teen and have been fascinated with that time period ever since.


I enjoy watching old movies and tv shows. Lately, I have been watching The Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy when I catch them on. I also love Leave It To Beaver and Ozzy and Harriet. You can enjoy these shows for free by watching online - just click on the links.

I also love the fashions of the 50s, particularly pedal pushers. The hairstyles and the old Hollywood glamour.


And let's not forget Grease and it's sequel! I so wanted to be one of the Pink Ladies...their jackets were so cool.

Oh, and there are all kinds of vintage videos from the 50s, too, on YouTube like this one:


Hope you enjoy all these vintage goodies as much as I do!

From my 50s lovin' heart to yours,

No comments: