Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Current Project


When we lived in Robertsdale, one of our neighbors gave me this gorgeous swing. The paint is all chipped but it is sturdy and most likely vintage. I am in the process of redoing it.

My husband wanted me to toss it saying it was too much work. I started sanding on it yesterday. Boy, what a job! However, today I bought a wire brush, gloves and paint stripper for metal. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

I'm thinking a nice blue would look good with cushions like these.

I can't wait to get this done so I can sit out in the backyard and watch the kids and dogs play!

What outdoor projects are you working on?

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

That will be so nice when you get done. I know those hubbys mean well, but mine told me I could not dig up the bushes either,

I think you've got that military wife blood in you, you get it when your husband is gone and you just can't wait until he gets home to do the stuff that he would do if he was home, so you figure out how to do it yourself.

Lilac Dreams said...

Right now I am not working on any outdoor projects, just wathcing it snow, but I really like your swing, I have a glider that Imay repaint this year will wait to see what advice you have on strippint the paint from the mettal when you are done with it.

FlowerLady said...

Your swing is wonderful Tracy and I know it will look great when you are done. Your hubby will be proud of you.

FlowerLady

Susan in SC said...

I love this!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love it! I would not have tossed it either. It's going to look gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Love your swing! It's definitely worth transforming with paint and cushions.