Saturday, March 10, 2012

Living Room Redo

For the most part the living room is complete! There are a few additional things I want to add to the room. I just need to find the perfect items at an affordable price.

You can see before pictures HERE...

Let's get started with the tour!

The wall color is an eggshell/satin finish by Glidden called Moonlight Grey.


I painted this small table a crisp white.


Accesories were thrift and dollar store finds. The wicker basket holds the remote controls. It will be getting a fresh coat of paint soon. I plan to move the standing lamp to another spot in the living room and will be adding a pair of lamps. We need more light in this room!


I *love* my curtains! I purchased both sets online from Target. I do plan to go back & repaint the curtain rod in brushed nickel.


The front door opens directly into the living room. I created privacy by adding Wisteria stained glass window cling to the door's windows and also on both sides of the picture window where the glass was foggy. I purchased it at Lowe's but Amazon.com has it too.


The fish print was done by my son when he was very young. I'd like to frame it.


The table scarf was embroidered by my Mama years ago. She added the crocheted edge to it, also. See the pillow? It totally clashes with my new colors. I plan to find a pretty favric to cover all three pillows.


Art over the couch... I gave the beach picture frames a fresh coat of white paint.


I have two of these pretty floral arrangements. This door leads to the "hall" where the main bathroom and kids' rooms are. The other one is over the door leading into the dining room. I like the nice pop of color it brings. I've had these for years!


I purchased a new console from Target for our tv and put it together myself....a job my husband typically handles. I still need to get a power strip so I can center the tv on the console...the cord is not long enough!

So, that's my living room. I thank you for taking the time to visit and, as always, I appreciate your comments!

From my redecorating heart to yours,

6 comments:

Susan said...

Looks very nice and welcoming!
Love the wall color!
Really like the way you did the front door windows!

Kathy in Illinois said...

Very pretty, Tracy! You did a great job redecorating. You have been a busy lady! The paint color is nice and the new curtains are beautiful. I especially like your "doggie" decor!!
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Tracy Jones said...

Beautful Tracy! You did an awesome job and I now your husband is going to be thrilled when he gets home! Love the paint color ... you did a great job!
Tracy Jones

a8383 said...

So pretty! I love the ruffledly curtains! You did a great job. You should be proud! Angela

Rhonda said...

It looks really pretty and really comfortable (except for the giant guard do but I am really glad you have him with Alfred away)
you did a nice job.

yes, you should get a surge protector power strip for your TV and electronics, not just to hid the cords but for protection especially with spring storms coming soon.

Terri said...

Tracy it all looks so nice...You've done a lot of work. Just think if you accomplish this much for every month that your husband is gone, he'll wonder where he is once he's there, lol.