Saturday, March 31, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars



This morning I made up a pan of homemade granola bars. I used the recipe found in Dining On a Dime Cookbook.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick of butter softened
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1.5 cups oatmeal
1.25 cups rice crispy cereal
1 cup chocolate chips

1. In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well.
3. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Press formly into the bottom of well-greased 9x13 baking pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
7. Bars will firm as they stand.
8. Cool & cut into bars.
9. Save the crumbs for yogurt or ice cream topping.
10. Makes 24 bars.

I must say that I do not like store-bought granola bars at all! These homemade granola bars are full of flavor and are delicious!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 

1 comment:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I have been wanting to make my own for a while and I have everything on your list. It has to be cheaper than buying them. They are so expensive. And full of bad stuff probably.