Sunday, March 04, 2012

Gratitude


It has been a good week in so many ways, but I'll keep my gratitude list at five...

~ Sundays spent with my mom & siblings. It's the highlight of my week. Today we had our first cook out for 2012. Grilled burgers & hotdogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips, cake, ice cream and brownies was on the menu. Lots of chatter and laughter. Good times...

~ I finally was able to use my mower. I was furious when it would not start. Luckily my husband is a wonderful mechanic and he figured out what the problem was from 6,000 miles away. I didn't have the clutch all the way down! And I had to slide forward in my seat to get it to do all the way down! Boy, did I feel silly...

~ Sunshine! After a gray February and several days of rain, the sunshine has returned. I'm itching to spend as much time in the glorious golden rays as I can. Planning to do yardwork tomorrow...

~ The realization that a home is never really "done". There are always more projects I will want to accomplish and tweaks to make in the garden. I think that is part of the fun - dreaming and planning and then watching those dreams and plans unfold...

~ Getting back to home-cooked meals and the feeling of satisfaction that comes from getting my kitchen groove back...

What were you thankful for this week?

No comments: