Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Being Revived


Slowly, I feel my homemaking spirit being revived. The ten months I worked outside the home did a number on me, but I now find myself once again longing for simpler, gentle life.

Though we live in town, there is much I can do to make my ideal a reality. We have nearly an acre of land. I want to put in a garden this year. I want a clothesline to line-dry our laundry.

I want to get back to making most of our foods and snacks from scratch and to try new recipes, like homemade granola bars and 5 minute artisian bread. How lovely it would be to make homemade jam!


I want to go for a stroll with my husband or for a country drive. Get back to cross-stitching and embroidery handiwork. Work on puzzles, play board games with the kids, go on picnics in scenic places, and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.


What is your ideal of simple living? 

4 comments:

delightfuleclecticabode.com said...

To retire one day while I'm still healthy and able to enjoy the simple pleasures of home, only 6 more years! For now I'll enjoy the simple pleasures of home and gardening. Soon the gardening season will be here!

~Sandy

Debra said...

I love all your ideas and I think God is pleased when we find joy in the simple things. I've a feeling when we get to Heaven we'll discover the simple things were the most important ones. Lovely post! Blessings, Debra

Karen Harper said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Tracy. This sounds like a wonderful plan for living, very close to the way I live and love. Have a great weekend.

Fiona said...

Such a beautiful post Tracy. Simple living to me is enjoyment of the little things I love - reading, knitting, sewing, watching a movie with my love, laughing with my family, cooking simple and nutritious dinners, luxurious early nights and a good sleep. There is so much to be grateful for!