Friday, February 10, 2012

Winter Weather and Good Books


The weather has turned cooler and will be downright freezing this weekend with lows in the 20s! I'm so thankful for my cozy little home, pajamas, and extra blankets to snuggle up in on these cold Winter days.

I spent some time last night working on the master bedroom last night. It was in dire need. I have determined that I need a proper bookshelf to hold my book collection. It was quite large at one time, but I donated most of them. Still, I will never be book-free.

I love to curl up with a good book and get lost in the story. I consider it a bit of an escape, a vacation of sorts, from daily life. Books take you to places you may never go. You get to walk in another's shoes until the story comes to an end. You can even go back in time!

My favorite books are those filled with cozy homemaking details and have endearing characters. Books are like friends to me and they are so hard to part with!

Books I recommend for those with similar tastes:
~The LadyBug Farm series by Donna Ball
~ First We Have Coffee by Margaret Jensen
~Mary Emma & Company by Ralph Moody
~Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene

From my book-lovin' heart to yours,

3 comments:

delightfuleclecticabode.com said...

Tracy,

Nothing like curling up with a good book on a cold winter day. It's cold here in Michigan we finally got some snow.

Enjoy!

~Sandy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Thank for the book recommendations! I just bought "A Year on Ladybug Farm". Sounds like something I'd like!

I love the Little House Books and GLH too.

Rosewalk Cottage said...

It has been so warm here now it's getting cold again. I love curling up with a good book in my flannel pj's with a cup of tea.
Keep warm~Clara