Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gratitude


It's time to share what I am thankful for this week, so here goes!
This week I am thankful for:

~ Finished filing my taxes and am happy to know we will be getting a nice refund!

~ My husband will be home for our 20th wedding anniversary in June. I am over the moon and am counting down the days (137 to be exact!) until he is here with us for two weeks.

~ Reading a lovely book called Mary Arden by Grace Livingston Hill that I picked up at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I love the descriptions of meals and the old Arden home...

~ We have had a lizard in the house for about a week. Today he was on the fridge and my youngest daughter, Kenzie, caught it and released him back into the yard where he should be!

~ Watching forensic/crime-solving shows on tv. If I had to do it all over again, I would be a criminal profiler.

From my thankful heart to yours,  

6 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I am so glad he will be home for your anniversary. I know the loneliness of a husband that travels. He was gone eight months last year but at least we saw him on some weekends. I pray the time goes quickly and for his safe return to you. Your family makes the biggest sacrifice our country can ask and I so thankful to you.

Kathy in Illinois said...

So glad your husband will be back for a visit soon. How special to be able to be back for your 20th anniversary! I hope the days go fast for you.
God bless, Kathy in Illinios

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love GLH! There are two books that I re-read frequently - "April Gold" and "The Enchanted Barn".

Tracy said...

Manuela, The Enchanted Barn was the very first GLH book I read. It was one of my grandmother's favorites!

Karla said...

What a special anniversary gift! So excited for you both.

Also - if you have a Kindle or an eReader app there are a lot of free Grace Livingston Hill novels.

Tracy said...

Karla, I have neither as of yet. Maybe one day, but for now I will enjoy turning the pages of books. :)