Monday, February 27, 2012

A Homemaker at Heart


Change is never easy, but I have decided to quit selling Mary Kay. The reason being, I am a homemaker at heart. My chief aim in life is to care for my family and home.

Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I only have so much time and energy and I want to devote my time to the things that really matter in life.

I am a simple woman at heart. I like comfy and casual clothing. So much emphasis is placed on outward appearances (along with the Golden Rule) and that's just not who I am. I can not be true to myself if I am trying to become someone I am not in order to be successful in the business.

I do not need designer purses, expensive trips, or lavish gifts. While these things are not wrong in and of themselves, I am just not a materialistic person.

A simple life at home with my family is what makes me happiest and I must follow my heart.

From my simple heart to yours,  

5 comments:

rosebud said...

Dear Tracy,
Hope your day is going well. I so understand about being a Homemaker at heart! Beleive it or not I tried to sell Mary Kay about 15 years ago, but I felt so out of my element. I just couldn't keep up trying to look like a glamour gal. My (what do you call her?) mentor (the one who coaches you along...) was always pushing me to do more. Well, anyway, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you ~ but honestly I think you have enough on your plate as it is!
Hugs))

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I had the same epiphany a few years ago when I was selling jewelry. Why when I never even wore it. I am better focused on fewer things as well.

Rhonda said...

best wishes to you! add me to that homemakers at heart list. I am truly happy just keeping my home, I've worked and I can do it if I have to but it is not what I am best at.

FlowerLady said...

I also am a homemaker at heart. I work part-time and enjoy time off from work puttering around at home.

Today I made a big batch of cabbage/broccoli slaw, and peanut butter cookies. DH and I just had a cup of herbal tea and a couple of cookies.

Have a great week Tracy.

FlowerLady

Lilac Dreams said...

Tracy
With the arthritis you have plenty on your plate, you need to take care of your home and family, as long as DH stands behind you in your desision that is what matters. I never tried selling Mary Kay, but I did Tupperware over 20 years ago, and some weeks it just took so much time. Now with Fibro, I find Babysitting my grands keeps me busy.

I really enjoy your blog