Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine Pretties


As promised, I return today feeling much better and to show you a few of my Valentine pretties!

This is my large picture window in the living room that overlooks the front porch and yard. I put up Valentine window clings. The red and white hearts are paper doilies stuck to the glass with a dot of Elmer's glue! It washes off windows fairly easily.

I love cherubs so I placed a few of my favorites on the window sill along with candles and a red cardinal figurine I received from Mama several years ago. Cardinals are my favorite bird and since red is the color of love, I thought it was the perfect addition.


On this little table I slipped a couple of the paper doilies under the glass, along with a heart shaped votive candle holder.


I made this flower arrangement use faux flowers and greenery right before Christmas after seeing an arrangement my SIL had done for her home.


I have had this sweet little sign for years. I think I picked it up at a dollar store.


More dollar store goodies adorn the wall in my dining room.



The love of family, home and hearth bring great joy to my life.

Thank you for visiting my humble, little home!

From my heart to yours,


4 comments:

Debra said...

Oh! I love it all so much. Thanks for inspiring me to go through my stuff and find some Valentine things to put up around the house. It's my favorite holiday and about time I did some decorating for it! :) Blessings, Debra

FlowerLady said...

Love is the important ingredient in life. Your decorations are sweet for the upcoming holiday.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Debbie said...

You are so creative, and ready for the Cupid Day!!! luv the look!

blessings,
Debbie

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Glad you are on the mend. I love Valentine's day and am working on a post right now. Fun to decorate a little after everything so bare after the holidays.