Saturday, January 07, 2012

On Becoming One


It is no secret that I married quite young. I was almost eighteen and had just graduated high school. Alfred had just turned twenty. We had a whirlwind courtship, marrying less than six months after we began dating. But I knew with all of my heart that he was The One.


Of course being young, we had no idea what we were getting in to. There were many ups and downs, but the important thing is that we hung in there and didn't give up.


Giving up is easy. Staying when things are hard is not. We had a lot of growing up to do, but as the years passed we also grew closer. We are bonded through the history we have built over the years and the three children we have together.  


With my husband currently deployed for a year, I can honestly say I miss him like crazy and can not wait until he comes home to me. I can't imagine life without him.

To have a good marriage takes work, being able to forgive, be a good listener, communication and to keep a sense of humor. Our marriage is stronger than ever and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

We are not perfect, but are perfect for each other. 

3 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Congratulations dear Tracy. Love can and does grow stronger. Giving up is too easy. Growing in grace, love, forgiveness, patience these are what make a marriage flourish!

May this year go fast for you and your DH. Is he overseas yet?

FlowerLady

Tracy said...

Flowerlady - yes he is overseas. He arrived in Kuwait the first week of December.

paul said...

beautiful post