Sunday, January 01, 2012

A New Year, A New Day...


We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. 
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

***

 I had my surgery Thursday and was home Friday night. I have never been in so much pain in my life! Friday morning the nurses got me up out of bed to walk saying it would speed up the healing process. I thought they had gone insane! But, it did help. My emotions have been all over the place. I had a partial hysterectomy.

They removed the uterus, cervix and left ovary that had a 13cm cyst on it. They left the right ovary but removed a 1 cm cyst from it. I have a large abdominal incision frm the bellybutton down - which was necessary due to the size of the cyst. Now I am home and am in the process of recovery. It is a lot slower than I would prefer - but it is what it is and there's no rushing it!

The New Year has come and is now nearly over. My primary concern is, of course, getting well. I am looking forward to my husband coming home later this year. But in the meantime....

~ I want to get back to being a true homekeeper. I want to get back to cooking good-meals and looking for healthier recipes, baking, properly caring for my home and family. I am thinking about putting in another garden this year. I also have home improvement plans, both inside and out. I want our home to be our little piece of heaven on earth.

~ I want to practice better self-care. Routine medical checkups and regular exercise are a part of self-care. So is updating my wardrobe, regular haircuts, and regular beauty routines I can do myself at home. It also means proper rest, nutrition, time for fun and doing things I enjoy.

~ I want to live my life to the fullest and enjoy the simple pleasures. I want romance with my Man, new experiences, try new foods, visit new places, explore, craft, sing, learn to play piano, go to the beach, walk in the rain, develop friendships, donate to charity, and love the life that I have with my family.

There are no set in stone goals for 2012. I feel that to do so creates undue pressure and stress. I am more about going with the flow this year and enjoying it in the process.

Here's to fresh starts and blank pages in which to write upon... 


5 comments:

Deborah said...

Glad you are doing so well both physcially and in your thoughts for the new year. Your right resolutions never stay long, goals can have a ridgid time frame, but living as the days unfold gives one the most blessings. I find that I get more done with a little structure to move me in the right direction and the freedom to change or let go of completely if need be. Here's to blank pages waiting to be filled.

FlowerLady said...

So relieved to hear that you are home and recuperating. Home is the best place for that. Just take each day as it comes and don't try to do too much at once.

Each new day is a gift, a new page to fill up.

May 2012 be a good year for you and your family.

When is your DH heading out, or is he already there?

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FloerLady

Tracy said...

FlowerLady - DH made it to Kuwait in early December. His tour is for a year.

Deborah - thank you for your kind words. It's nice to "meet" you!

Terri said...

Tracy, So glad you are home. The healing will take a bit of time from that incision. Take seriously the rule to not lift anything!! Moving is a big help so walk all you can stand and then a little bit more.

Prayers continue for rapid healing for you.

Terri

Debra said...

Oy! So very glad you survived all that and that you are happily healing and making plans for the future. I love your goals! They sound perfect. Take it easy and relax, ok? Blessings, Debra