Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mindful Homemaking

These days I find such peace and contentment here at home as I am learning to slow down and be mindful in my homemaking.


I realized that homemaking is never done and so I no longer attempt to finish it all in one day. There will always be dishes to wash, laundry to do, floors to be swept, etc.


Now I take my time and enjoy the process of bringing beauty and order to our home. I find I am becoming more patient and calm.


No longer do I look at homemaking as a burden to rush through so I can get to the "fun stuff". Tending my home has become fun! I still have plenty of time to do the things I enjoy.


So if you are feeling harried and hurried, stop. Breathe. Slow down and focus on the task at hand. Do what you can today. The rest will wait tomorrow for you.

From my happy homemaking heart to yours,

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautifully written, and so true.

Angie@Sunny Patch Cottage said...

I've been trying to learn that lesson for a while, and today I think I just "got it". I run around like a chicken with the head cut off, all angry and grumpy cuz I didn't get it all done and trying to keep up with the "mrs. joneses" who seem to have it all together. Today, no more!!

BTW..LOVE those cats on your sidebar!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

This is so perfect and I think maybe that comes with a little age too because when I was younger I wasn't as thankful for the work like I am now. I resented it more and now I am so glad to have this home and all that I need to care for. Lovely post and I am in love with your very pretty bed and quilt.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi Tracy- this is a nice reminder. After years of being at home...I let it become plain and ordinary to me. I'm trying to get back the enjoyment of Homemaking... and making it lovely. Because after all-- I'm blessed to have it.

Pat

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You have a good attitude! It took me a long time to get to the point of not resenting homemaking and repetitiveness.

The Delightful Eclectic Abode said...

Hi Tracy, I am REALLY enjoying your blog and your posts. Such wisdom, peace and beauty. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I was thinking about you on the way home from work today and I remember your reading list and the books you got a few weeks ago. One of them really stood out, "Simple Abundance." I have that book on my little library shelf. I purchased and used it for a few years way back when. I also kept a gratitude journal. I think I'm going to get that book out and begin reading it again because my life feels very rushed.

Thank you for sharing the simple pleasures and the most important task of keeping a home. Home is our sanctuary and our refuge in a busy world.

Hugs to you! Kensie is much better. Not sure if it's better to respond in the comments or send you an e-mail. I'm still a newbie with this blogging adventure.

~Sandy