Friday, January 20, 2012

Making Do and Thrifting Treasures


The light in my office has taken on a life of its own. It goes off and turns on again at will. So I determined to remedy the situation myself for the time being. I unhooked the printer that no longer works with my new Windows 7 operating system and replaced it with a lamp from the bedroom. I'll make do with this until I can have my BIL check it out.


I went to the thrift shop today and came away with the loveliest books to while away the time with.


Books one, two, and four from The Mitford series by Jan Karon
A New Graft on the Family Tree by Isabella Alden 
Mary Arden
and
The War Romance of the Salvation Army by Grace Livingston Hill

 All six books were just $8!

From my book lovin' heart to yours,



4 comments:

delightfuleclecticabode.com said...

Tracy, Happy Saturday and good morning! Love your pretty lamp! Good selection of books. What a great find for $8.00. I love perusing thrift shops because I find great bargains and I'm reusing things that someone no longer needed. I noticed your doll collection. How long have you been collecting?

BTW, I love your space and have listed you in my blogging bliss section! Thanks for commenting on my new banner!

Happy reading!

~Sandy

Tracy said...

Hi Sandy - thank you for including me on your blogging bliss list!

I wouldn't say that I am a doll collector, really, as those three dolls are the only ones I have. I bought the smallest one on Ebay many years ago and picked the other two up at thrift stores. I think they were under $10 each?

I love thrifting treasures! My motto is "Why pay full price when you don't have to?" :)

Anonymous said...

acey, I real like your set up on the desk, I use to have a desk simmilar to that

Terri said...

Books!lol...I have a confession to make. Last year I culled about 50 books from my shelves and donated them to thrift shop...and now I need to buy a new bookcase. Isn't that awful? I keep finding books that must come here to live! It's like starting a shelter for old books, it really is, lol.