Thursday, January 05, 2012


I didn't go shopping, but this is what I felt like after walking to the mailbox and back! I hadn't realized the surgery had taken so much out of me. And I have approximately 5 more weeks before I can resume normal activities? I think I may go mad...

I need to go to the library, but I can't wear my jeans yet. But, I do NOT want to go be-bopping in there in my pajama pants. Sure, lots of people do it and even though I have a good reason...I just don't think I can bring myself to do it. What would you do in this situation?

Here's one good thing about today. The temperature rose to 71 degrees! It was so nice out that I turned off the heat and opened the kitchen windows to let in the fresh air. We have not had much of a Winter here and that concerns me.

We live on the Gulf Coast and I worry that we may be in store for a hurricane this year. With it not staying cold, the ocean waters are probably warmer than normal which fuels hurricanes. And I can tell you I do not do well in crisis situations. And with Alfred not being home? It's not going to be a pretty sight if it happens...just sayin'!

3 comments:

Terri said...

If I were you, I'd call the library with a list of old faves you want to re-read, or subjects and ask if they could pull books for you. Then have your sister or one of the girls go in and check them out. A girl has gotta have books if she has NOTHING else! Oh and chocolate,too, of course.

Tracy said...

I have a couple books that came in..that's why I need to go. I will try letting the girls go in & get them for me. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have no choice but to go in in my pjs! eek!

Kathy in Illinois said...

Hi, Tracy! I'm glad your surgery went well and you are home. Take it easy. If you can't find anyone to get your books at the library, go in your pj's! The worst that could happen is a few funny looks, but at least YOU have an excuse!! Our weather in Illinois is very warm too- 56 yesterday and 50 today! That's wonderful! We had no snow at Christmas, which I don't like, but my husband likes no snow because he doesn't have to plow out! We will probably pay for this nice weather soon though! I will be praying you don't have any hurricanes.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois