Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home Goals 2012



Next month will be two years since we bought and moved into our home. It is a three bedroom, two bath house built in the 1950s and though it is on the smallish side {1,700 sq. ft.}, I love it!

There are a million things I would love to tackle, but my primary goal this year is to pay off as much debt as possible. Still I do plan to do a little redecorating.


Front Yard & Porch: I love the bistro set on the porch, but feel this area lacks pizazz.

~ I'm thinking of painting the porch a different color and adding a couple of largish urns filled with flowering plants. The siding is a grayish-green. What color would look good for the porch?

~ The flower beds need more plants and I want to rip out the small, sad little bushes.


Living Room: I love my couch, coffee table and the hardwood floors in this room. Still, there are lots of things I want to change, too.

~ I want to paint the walls a light gray and keep the trim white.

~ I need new curtains, slipcovers for the throw pillows, and I'd love a new area rug.

~ I would like to build a set of shelves to go the length of the recessed wall where the chairs are and make it look built in. I would make the above wall space my family gallery wall.

~ Need new artwork.

~ Repaint chairs & recover seats. Paint the end table.



Kitchen: I love the abundance of cabinets!

~ I want to paint the walls and cabinets.

~ I may remove a few cabinet doors or install glass to give it a more open feel and to be able to display my pretties.

~ Raise the curtain so it's right under the overhead shelf to allow more natural light into the room.

~ Change the counter top. Add a backsplash possibly?

~ There is not much counter space, so a table or an island of some kind would be nice.

~ Add shelves above the freezer.

~ A nice rug.


Dining Room: the ho-hum, kinda plain room... I don't really know what to do this room because there are no windows and it is open to the office. Any suggestions??

~ Paint {duh!}

~ New art work

~ Paint microwave shelf black.

~ Move radio



Office:

~ Paint

~ New desk and chair

~ Build shelving unit on the wall to the right {not pictured as it's the scary corner!}

~ Organize, organize, organize!

This is just a start. I haven't included the master bedroom and bath, the kids' rooms, their bathroom, or the sunroom!

Hey, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

 


1 comment:

shirley said...

You have made you house a home for your family. I hope you are able to achieve your redecorating plans. I also hope the year goes very quickly for you.