Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Health & Home


The weather has warmed up once again. It is 72 degrees but cloudy. I wish the sun was out to get rid of the chill I have in my bones despite the warm temperature.

I am getting a much needed haircut today and afterwards am taking the girls to a local nature preserve. It is free and will get us out of the house for a bit.

I met with a different doctor yesterday. I am scheduled for surgery December 29th to remove my left ovary which a 10cm cyst on it. Since the cyst is so large, it will be an abdominal incision. She will also do a coloscopy to see if the abnormal cells are cancerous. Pray it is not! Estimated recovery time is four weeks. I think I may just go mad!

Thankfully my kids are all older and will be here to help take care of me and I have family close by, too.What's going to be hard is keeping Zeus off of me. At 100 pounds, he doesn't realize how big and strong he is. He thinks he is a lap dog! He likes to sit and lay on us!


(This is Zeus laying across my legs in bed!)

Over the next two weeks I need to get as much housework and meal planning done to make it easier on myself and the kids. I will be glad when this is all said and done and I can get back to normal life!

Hope you have a blessed day!
***
Blessings:

~ I will have no out of pocket expenses with this surgery! That is a huge relief right there!

~ Getting my haircut. This makes me happy because I have a great hairstylist and a short and sassy do is so easy to care for.

~ Pain meds that help eliminate my pain pre-surgery.

~ I shared with Alfred my decorating plans and colors and he liked it! Why? Because there was no pink involved! Ha!

~ Clearing out clutter with FlyLady

4 comments:

Kathy in Illinois said...

My prayers will be for you to have a successful surgery.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Cozy in Texas said...

I pray that all goes well with your surgery. I found your lovely blog today - the font you're using fits right in with the beautiful borders.
Ann

Mommyblogger said...

Praying for you during this difficult time. Hopefully you will have a VERY speedy recovery!

Flylady is such a great program. I used to use it all the time but have been slacking lately.

Terri said...

You will be covered in prayers Tracy! I'll be praying here in Georgia for your surgery to be without complications, your tests results normal and your recovery quick.

Take care!