Tuesday, December 27, 2011


Today I went to the hospital for pre-op. I recently found out I had a huge ovarian cyst (10cm) and uterine fibroids. The cyst is the cause of the pain I have been in for well over a year now. The doctor was going to only remove that one ovary and do a biopsy on my cervix because I had an abnormal pap. I emailed my doctor and requested a hysterectomy because I only have insurance now while Alfred is deployed and if I needed future surgeries I would be uninsured. My thought was it was better to get it all out now in one surgery while I have the insurance - given the problems I have had.

The doctor is going to go ahead and do the hysterectomy on Thursday....I may even have my appendix removed and possibly the right ovary....it all depends on a test they will run during surgery and how everything looks when they open me up.

If it looks like cancer....she will close me up immediately and will send me to a GYN Oncologist within a month to have them do it because they have more experience, as far as staging goes. However, she doesn't *think* that will happen, but you never know for sure until they open you up.

They are cutting from the belly-button down. I'll have to have a tube down my throat and a catheter the day of the surgery. I could be in the hospital as long as until Saturday night....but I am gonna try to be out of there Friday morning. I have to be able to walk, eat, pee and manage pain control before they will release me. I, of course, am hoping to get out there ASAP.

I want to be home in my own comfy bed so I can rest and be able to talk to my husband on Skype. So if you don't hear from me for a while, it will be because I am recovering. I am looking forward to being pain-free again!



7 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Dear Tracy ~ Thanks for the update and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

~marci~ said...

Prayers ascending for you bloggy friend!

Rhonda said...

I will be praying for you, so glad you have insurance and can get the care you need.

DreamgirlLisa said...

Tracy, I will be thinking of you and wishing you a very quick recovery. Take the time you need to rest and let others take care of you.
Lisa

rosebud said...

Dear Tracy,
I hope all goes well with your surgery and you have a speedy recovery. I'm sure your children will be a big help and comfort during this time. Remember, I'm just an email away if you feel liek "talking."
My prayers are with you ~
Love,
Laurie

Fiona said...

Good luck with your surgery Tracy. I will be thinking of you.

Debra said...

Oh my goodness, Tracy! I just now read this post. Wow, please know that I'll be praying for you and during your recovery, ok? I'll pray that God will be with you in a special way and with the doctors, as well. And of course, that all will be well as time goes on. Blessings, Debra