Wednesday, December 28, 2011

To Each His Own...


All of the Christmas decorations were taken down December 26th. This morning I added the finishing touches to the shelf over my kitchen sink window. My sister is coming over in just a bit to help me clean up the house so I don't overdo it. I also have to do the grocery shopping so I won't worry about that for a while during my recovery.

The family drama that buuilt up to an explosion on Christmas Eve continues to bring forth hurt feelings. It seems that this person is determined to push away his family. One day he will realize his mistakes, but it may be too late by then. He's burning bridges and making choices that will negatively impact his future. I know you can not help anyone who doesn't want help. All we can do is stand by and watch the devastation unfold. Some choose to learn the hard way...by experience.

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
~Confucius

To each his own...

5 comments:

rosebud said...

Dear Tracy,
As much as we love our family members, sometimes they make choices that are difficult to understand.
Saying prayers for you and your family!
Hugs))

Sheri Cain said...

I just want to say I hope your surgery goes well. I am glad you have family around to help. I will aide in your recovery so much. I just had foot surgery. I live alone and pretty much fended for myself. But I wish you the best. And a speedy recovery.

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the surgery. I had this op about 30 years ago and was a new woman afterwards so do hope you feel the same.

hUGS
hAZEL C(uk)

rosebud said...

Dear Tracy,
I know you won't be able to be around the computer much...but just wanted you to know I'm thinking and praying for you.
Hugs))

Debra said...

Wishing you a happy new year, Tracy, one filled with much health, healing and happiness. You are a blessing in my life and I wish you only the very best in all things. Hugs, Debra