Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gratitude and Childlike Faith


This week I am thankful for:

~ Skype for I can talk to and see my husband while he is overseas.

~ Having a warm house to shelter our bodies from the elements as well as the outside world.

~ Letting go and letting God.

~ Cozy Winter doings such as sipping hot cocoa, Christmas music and movies, parades, fleece blankets, warm robes, family get togethers, comfort foods....

~ Lessons in patience and gratitude.

***

"But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because God’s kingdom belongs to people who are like these children." ~ Matthew 19:14

I have struggled much in my faith. I have a tendency to over-analyze and makes things harder than what they need to be. But Jesus doesn't ask us to do all of this.

He simply asks us to come to Him and believe.
Like little children.

Little children have such great faith. They are easily awestruck. They live in the moment and are trusting. They are uninhibited. They will dance and sway to music, sing their little hearts out, laugh with wild abandon, and shed tears without embarrassment. And when they are hurt, they run to Mama and Daddy for comfort.

We need to become like little children. We need to run to our Father in Heaven when we are hurt. He is the great Comforter. He longs to ease our burdens and show us His love. He will never leave us or forsake us. We just have to believe.

 Lord, please forgive me for my lack of faith, my doubts, and my cynicism. Give me the heart and the faith of a child, and help me to believe You for all the good things You desire to give me. Thank You that Your answers to my prayers will be a powerful testimony to others of Your love and grace!  

1 comment:

♥ Tina said...

This is such a beautiful post. Thank you so much. xx